Thursday 7 July 2016

Washing Up



I did the washing up today and tidied the kitchen. Strangely satisfying. It is so nice to see everything looking spick and span.

Some people. You are not going to believe this. Some people do washing up every day. Seriously! This is not a joke. Every day! I even, get this, I even heard of someone who lives down the road from here, who does the washing up after every meal! Can you believe it? Utter madness!

Of course, I won’t be using the kitchen. I didn’t wash the dishes just to get them all messed up again. Some of them pots encrusted with dry food take a lot of effort to get clean even if I do have a dog.

No, what I intend doing is just eat dry bread. I shall vary between brown bread and white bread so I don’t get bored with it. I like French sticks too but daren’t risk having any due to the amount of crumbs they leave. Maybe have the occasional banana. They don’t make any mess. I can’t risk anything too juicy. I had an orange about a year ago and it squirted juice all over the floor. I suppose I should think about cleaning that mess up too. But not yet. At the moment I am still recovering from doing the washing up. I should be back to normal in a day or two.

Well, I have to go now. I am going to stand in the kitchen for a while enjoying all the space I have made and inhaling the bittersweet aroma of Fairy Liquid Detergent. Talking of Fairy Liquid. Did I mention that my hands are now as soft as my face?


While I’m there I might have a banana sandwich.. No.. Too risky. Oh well, a nice thought.





3 comments:

  1. Now that you have cleaned your kitchen you are welcome to come do mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean - we're not supposed to wash up after every meal? What the hell was my school playing at when they taught domestic science? Is it too late to turn over a new leaf, I ask myself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, John. Satisfying but over-rated.

    ReplyDelete