Thursday 22 January 2015

Facebook Failure.


I have failed in my facebook de-activation. Failed in my attempt to wean myself off it. I am a miserable, hopeless, facebook addicted disgrace. No willpower whatsoever. Useless that’s me.

I should be ashamed of myself, but I’m not. Because I like being on facebook. Those few days I was off it I found I missed my friends. This is 2015. It is the new age. I have embraced it. I am not dead yet. I am up with the kids. Yay!

I have even got a new phone, and with it I can be on facebook wherever I am in the world – okay that is mostly within a radius of ten miles from home – but you know what I mean?

I can write this blog on my phone. I can send and receive emails. Get on the web – I think it’s called? Take photos too. It’s got a camera on the back and the front. Good pictures too, none of the grainy old rubbish!

Mia the German Shepherd.

Modern kids take all this in their stride. When I showed my incredibly wonderful new camera to my lovely granddaughter Maisie the other day she didn’t seem at all impressed. Actually neither did my beautiful daughter Jodie, although she did help me to find out how everything worked on it.

My extremely handsome son George hasn’t seen it yet because he is at university in Liverpool but I don’t expect he will be terribly impressed either.

EHS George will be 21 years old on the 27th January. Where does the time go? Why don’t I look a day older than when he was born? He has an exam on his birthday so can’t be at home but he will be back the day after to celebrate.

For his 21st birthday present he has asked for a camera trap. He wants to photograph wildlife. We think there is an otter nearby. He does love wildlife. I am surprised he isn’t studying that at uni. Perhaps he will do that next?

I am quite excited to see what his camera trap captures. I expect he will put some pictures on facebook, although he isn’t on facebook much. Not yet!










5 comments:

  1. I am happy for you that you enjoy Facebook and your new phone. I keep telling my children that these things are what we used to see as science fiction. Just don't get carried away. We do not want to see stray bits and pieces. You young people need to be reminded to control yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I shouldn't say this but 'knew you would' lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to stay in touch with people at a distance. And it's probably the only way (FB and blog) I'll ever get to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just old enough to remember when the kind of technology we have today was all just the stuff of science fiction. We'd watch Minority Report and think Tom Cruise going through digital files on the computer with mere hand gestures seemed crazy. Now I'm typing on a laptop that has a very similar feature. Of course I haven't had the guts to try it yet; I'm still getting used to touch screens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each to their own re Facebook! I am intrigued by your phone and the fact that it has a camera back and front. I have a extra smart phone but it only has one camera. I do like reading email and blogs on it though so I mustn't complain.

    ReplyDelete