Friday 4 October 2013

Me And That Best Selling Book Of Mine.

Here is a bit of an update about my attempt to self publish my book as a kindle thingymajig. I have tried several times and I have on occasion managed, not without some difficulty I must say, to get past the signing in stage. But that's when it all goes pear shaped because nothing seems to progress from there. Although I did manage to fill in my income tax details today (yes they want all that).

Today's problems began when they asked for my bank details. They need somewhere to deposit my royalties apparently. First they need my IBAN. This is an international bank account number. I have never heard of this so have no idea what to do. There are numbers associated with my bank account but nothing resembling this. Then they require my BIC. This is the bank identifying code. I have no idea what this is either. I am able to identify my bank because I sometimes see it when I walk down the high street in town. I never realised it needed an identifying code. I have always thought it's address would be a good way of telling where it is.

I get so frustrated with the whole flipping rigmarole that I tend to give up and tell myself I shall try again later. Sadly later could turn out to be weeks or even month's away.

So there you have it. I have not even had so much as a sniff of getting my best selling book published. I need help that's for sure, but I suspect that asking one of these self publishing firms to help me would be very expensive and I ain't got no money.

This book 'Elbows Off The Table' does exist I promise you. It is written, I have a printed out manuscript, and it has been proof read several times, and it is also saved on a memory stick.

Are you sure you want to read it? You might be offended by some of the graphic content, not to mention the bad language, enough to make a sailor blush it is. Blimey, and it only details the first twelve years of my life!

Anyway that's what's been happening with my book. Perhaps I shall have another go tomorrow. However even if I do, I know it is highly unlikely that I will get any further along with it.

Oh I almost forgot to mention that the book needs to be formatted. Just the very word fills me with trepidation.




10 comments:

  1. You could consider going into that bank branch and asking them what their IBAN and BIC not to mention SWIFT number is. You mean they haven't mentioned SWIFT?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's any consolation, I have no idea what IBANBICSWIFT is and if I did, I wouldn't give it to anybody without consulting a lawyer --or at least the bank. Did they ask your shoe size too? Please keep your readers informed --I'm obviously, though not proudly, ignorant and want to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly need to visit your bank and ask them to help you. I am quite certain that the bank identification number can be found at the bottom of your checks. In the United States we call it a routing number. For the other numbers the bank can assist you if you need to get those numbers. That is what the bank is for. I am excited. I thought you had given up on the book. I want to read it. Please. I hope you are able to connect with the online publishers and get it published. My kindle is waiting with bated breath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubs went berserk when I was asked for tax details and refused to allow me to go along that route. He's a CA so I trust his judgement. So now my Kindle books are not for sale. Instead I've had them all printed independently and am selling from home. I feel more comfortable about the whole thing now. Good look with your endeavours, John.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that does sound like a hassle. Good luck with getting it all straightened out

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you can get it sorted as I am dying to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get in touch with this lady - http://www.the123blog.com/ - she has published to kindle before. The bank can help you with all those codes and numbers you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hang in there. You will figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait until it's published so I can order my copy...mates' rates of course!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As an old banker, I can tell you that all those requested numbers can be obtained from your bank. They're readily available.

    ReplyDelete