Wednesday 24 April 2013

Yesterday

The weather was lovely here in the south yesterday. It has been a while since we last saw such a day. The sun was out in a clear blue sky and there was heat in it. People had smiles on their faces. Woman wore summer clothes and it was possible to admire the female form once again. The hedgerows were greening up at last. Birds were courting and singing in the budding trees. I had a drastic haircut and shaved with a blunt machete. I could dry washing on the line instead of taking it to the launderette. My friend Simon came and mended the lawn mower. He wouldn't take any money. I was able to cut the grass. Both my children were here together and we laughed and chatted together in the sunshine. The dogs Sadie and Skye played happily together. I was in a very happy and silly mood.





That was yesterday though. It is dull again today. But I did enjoy yesterday.




12 comments:

  1. Enjoyable days will come again. As will the dull ones. Seems to be the nature of existence, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun-filled day for you.
    Blunt or not, that machete shaving looks dangerous.
    At least you're looking sharp again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a teaser then; we had one of those days about a month ago. Waiting patiently for it to come back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You want to watch what your doing with that machete. I mean you could do something drastic and deny us the pleasure of reading your blog. It was lovely here yesterday ... today it's back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What did you do with your beautiful hair? I realize it is your head but I liked it better with hair on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like how our weather has been. One nice day and then down hill from there. That sunshine sure does make a difference

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pouring down rain here in Ms. Glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you wrote that post. You have a gift of showcasing the ordinary and conversational in just the right length, building the picture and the feel and sounds and then the little grasp of ??? melancholy isn't the right word, ummm, like a shoulder shrug at the end but not negative or self-pitying...you know what I mean. I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh John I am so happy you had a good yesterday:) B

    ReplyDelete
  10. So was that summer then? I've heard about those British summers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see you're off your head again, John! Shaving can be a dangerous occupation. I try not to make it a habit. Great that you enjoyed summer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also enjoy these little samples of spring and warmth.

    ReplyDelete