Tuesday 27 November 2012

Banished!

Some of you are not going to be happy with me, but I am afraid it has to be done. Sadie the German Shepherd has to go back to sleeping in her kennel.

As you may recall I am not the tidiest of people, and I can think of better ways to pass my time than cleaning this place all the time, but I do have some standards, and I am fed up with the mess that Sadie makes every time she comes in. It's not her fault. The problem is caused by all the rain we have been having. Wet German Shepherds and small space living just do not mix. She is constantly wanting to go out, and once she has been out, of course she wants back in. It continues at night too. She will hear a fox outside and makes me get up to let her chase it away, and then in she comes, often soaking wet and shakes herself dry. Mud spatters everywhere.

Enough is enough! I shall build her a new kennel, and insulate it. I shall make it snug with lots of straw. Straw helps to keep her clean anyway, so it's a good thing. What? Oh please! Don't give me that look. I want to make it nice in here. She farts a lot too you know. She will be much happier. Remember she has been used to it. She has been on probation for a few months and it hasn't worked out. These things happen! She knows it was a trial period. No! Don't do that. Giving me that look. You are as bad as she is with your soulful eyes. No that's it. I have made up my mind. She is an outside dog. That is it and all about it!

Now listen. I am going to build the kennel right outside the door. She will be able to see me through the window. What more do you want of me? Stop it! I feel bad enough as it is. She's only a dog for heaven's sake! NOOOO! Sorry! I didn't mean to say that! Forgive me! I love that dog. I truly do!

Oh yes, and don't forget that outdoor dogs get extra food rations. It has it's perks. Her new kennel is going to be so snug. I might move in with her!

I said you wouldn't be happy with me. I was right wasn't I?
And I need to have a word with Bonnie about wet paw prints everywhere.






19 comments:

  1. Sadie will howl all night. Then what?
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is going to be lonely and so are you:) B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you and Sadie were going to spend the winter in your tipi. No mess there. Please make up your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could you resist those eyes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happened here once. Dog's body temperature is several degrees over ours so the heat bill went up, but it had to be done. Be resolute and yes, avoid looking at her eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How could you do that?
    Dogs have feelings and emotions too.
    You're right, I for one don't like the idea at all.
    Briony

    ReplyDelete
  7. Duke says that he will have to do some serious thinking here about whether or not I am allowed to visit your blog. He says that he must consider Sadie's feelings first. I'll get back to you on his decision :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dog ownership brings with it certain responsibilities and that includes taking into consideration Sadie's wishes on the subject. You can't resist those brown eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dog sleeps outside too, and it is hard too, every night when I wish him good night and he stare back with that look in his eyes. His kennel is just by the door and he could see us. When he is outside, he is darn sweet with that angel look in his eyes but the minute he enters the house, oh my, brings out the devil in him. Isn't it lovely to have pet dogs and cats. Hope you have a great week ahead, smile always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooo, tough crowd. I agree with them though. If it is something she is used to, it might work. And our dog has always been an inside dog so that's why I'm so against it. We make it a habit to have a towel by the back door and wipe our dog off head to tail and little feet too, when she comes in from the snow and rain. It is a big pain but even she is trained and will stand on the rug until we're done. So do what's best for you but don't look her in the eye.....sniff sniff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not one of the tough crowd. She's a big puppy who needs more room to maneuver around in. And apparently she's wants out more than she wants in. The IN bit might need some looking in to--what's IN that she's not getting OUT?
    Attention--even if it's negative for muddying up the joint?
    Just askin'......

    She's a big puppy--they need room to run and play and BE big puppies dontchathink?

    (I can hear the boo's and hisses.....LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boohoo, now you've made me cry for poor Sadie. Such a sweet and gentle girl, how could you :0(

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS. Could you build a porch over the front door, attached to the house. A sort of halfway house so she would still feel as though she was part of the household. You could do that with your skills. Mind you, you will have to let her inside once the snow and ice comes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can see youre working yourself up to move into that kennel yourself. So keep talking it up, just keep talking it up...

    ReplyDelete
  15. *glaring* ... don't you dare ill treat Sadie by putting her outside. What's a little mud between friends? Oooh is that how you repay her faithfulness? Now, think about all that cold weather to come, would you like to be cast out where the only comfort is a bit of straw?

    Well, someone has to stick up for animal rights ... grins.

    ReplyDelete
  16. She's a dog! Cripes, don't lose anymore sleep over this one. Now, if the cat had an issue, I might debate you a bit. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  17. And this is another reason that we are currently petless. Pets do require attention and space and care. Hope that Sadie's living quarters are warm and dry if she is to be banished to a kennel.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha ha, well, we know how that turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You can NOT be serious.....perish the thought. Outside is cold and wet...leave her alone.
    I have a folded towel near the doorway for rainy days when my Brownie wanders in from outside...I give him a good rub down.

    ReplyDelete