Sunday 5 August 2012

Such A Perfect Night For A Party..

I am genuinely exhausted. I was the last one standing after the party, finally got to bed at about 3.40 am. After everyone had left or gone to bed in tent or campervan. Sadie the German Shepherd and I sat quietly beside the dying embers of the campfire for a while. Sadie was emotional so I hugged her, and dried her tears. Then she did the same for me.

It was a great party. It could not have been better. Everything I hoped for and more. I did my best to mingle around everybody. Mingling at parties is so much easier when everyone there is a friend.
So much lovely music from so many talented performers. It went on all night and when the microphones and speakers were turned off, we all gathered round the fire playing acoustic guitar and singing. Everyone was so happy.

The weather! This being an outdoor event at night it was a worry but the good Lord answered all my prayers. It was a perfect evening and night, bearing in mind the amount of rainfall we have had here lately. But for my party the clouds disappeared. It was a clear starry and moonlit sky, and the temperature was just right. If anyone did feel a chill as the night went on the big campfire did a great job at warming them, and no wind made sure that the smoke went straight up and didn't disturb us at all. Truly a perfect night for a party.

Here are some photos of the event. I am sorry they are not in order. But I am too tired to sort them out tonight. I hope to have a video of the event soon, to give you more of the feel of the atmosphere.



























All the work which my extremely handsome son George and I had put into preparing for this special event certainly paid off.

Now if you will excuse me, I must away to my bed. I am so tired. Which is not surprising really because, I'm 65 you know, and us oldies tire quite easily.


13 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what a great party. Thanks for sharing your photos! How special! I think I must hire you to plan my birthday party for September :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judging from the photos, it was a fantastic party. I'm glad everything turned out perfectly (I sent you some of our dry Texas weather as a gift).
    The food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look how many people turned up, John...just because they love you! A fabulous night all thanks to your hard work.
    Happy Birthday, old guy!
    Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, when you were talking party I thought you just meant a few people over. That was a John Lovin' Crowd! Congrats on a wonderful night and Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great party. Glad to hear that you had a great night. Lovely to be staying where you are with big area for dogs and humans to roam around. Wish I was there too. Happy blogging to you and hope you have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful that everything went off without a hitch. EHS George looks like he is enjoying himself with all the old folks. My 65th will be later this month and I am planning a very quiet day. I do not want all the work you put into your bash. I am so happy you had so many people to help you celebrate and that everyone had a good time. Rest your old bones today. I am looking forward to video and maybe a little music.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No excuses, Nanna naps or Manna Naps are totally acceptable now you are a pensioner. Looks like a very atmospheric event. My kinda party, lovely people, great weather, good food and the most important, live music.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Family, friends and food, all you need for a good party...... Oh and the contents of your tin bath. Great use for the bath. I had a couple myself on Saturday night and drank to your heath so many happy returns. Chill out and relax now 'old fella'. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good friends, good music, lots of beverages: ingredients for a fine night under the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to see that the party was such a grand event in EVERY way - friends, food, music and celebrating. Happy Birthday wishes, John!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a blast! (And great food)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh.... good memeories in the making. So pleased it all went off so beautifully. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad that your party went so well and the weather cooperated. Looks like a good time

    ReplyDelete