Saturday 21 July 2012

Thank You One And All.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you my dear readers. Thank you for your comments on yesterdays literary effort. Thank you to my new apostles, er disciples. Followers! That's the word I'm looking for. You have lightened my heart with your kindness. You have lifted my spirits with your goodness. You have restored my shattered confidence. You have.... Wait a minute. I'm over doing it again aren't I? All I want to say is thank you. To express my gratitude. Thanks pals. Cheers. 'Preciate it. Good on ya! Ta mate!

I would like to thank Eileen M, for becoming number sixty nine. Very encouraging always and a great sense of humour.

I would like to thank Red the Elder whoever you are.

My grateful thanks also to Blogger. To my computer. To my friend Paul, who has never allowed his beard to become unravelled in public, and without whose help none of this would be possible.

I'd like to thank the producer, and the director. Thanks are also due to the backroom staff, those unsung heroes, for putting it all together in such a fantastically professional way.

Not forgetting the shelves, which I never got around to putting up.

I would like to thank my mother for giving birth to me. Although to be fair she never had much choice in the matter. That sordid woman in the back room was a charlatan. Perhaps I should thank her too, for being so bad at her job, and she never gave a refund.

To the doctors and nurses in the maternity hospital, who although they laughed initially, nevertheless refused to give up, pulled me back out of the bucket of water and brought me back to life, leaving me only minimally brain dead.

Thank you also to my father, whoever you are. I think you will probably agree that it was five shillings well spent the night you met my mother on that corner.

Thanks are also due to my bank for allowing me the overdraft. The one that has guaranteed to keep me destitute until the end of my days and beyond. I can't even buy a tin of flipping soup these days without you being involved. Well just you wait. It's Saturday. Tonight I intend to have a serious go at winning the lottery. I am actually going to win it. See how you feel then. Let's see how you feel when I transfer my account to an offshore tax haven. You will be on your bended bony knees begging me to come back. And you know what I shall say? I shall say get stuffed!

Lastly, but by no means least, I want to thank the woman who unfollowed me. Without you lady I would still be anxiously waiting for sixty nine to happen. Let me tell you, my waiting days are well and truly over!

Thank you.

I have not forgotten you Jon. Or you Geo. Or you Kev Alviti.

In fact, allow me to say a great big sloppy wonderful 'Thank You' to all my followers. And all my dear readers too. Thank you. Here's to my next sixty nine. If I should be so lucky!

13 comments:

  1. You do talk a lot of twaddle but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did go --to my neighbor's house-- and ask what 69 is. She pointed down the road and said,"That's the family drives the blue Ford."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that was quite a mouth full...... best acceptance speech I've ever heard. Worthy of an oscar in its self.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and the music didn't even cut you off!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was waiting for the shepherd's crook to wrench you away via the neck. But thanks for the thanks anyway. By the way, after your comment on my blog of how it brings back memories, you old sea dog. Just a question, we're you often caught looking up trouser legs?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It isn't often that I'm thanked for anything. Thank you for remembering me. Your touching speech almost brought tears to my eyes......

    ReplyDelete
  7. You call yourself a "Simple man," I would have to agree. because only a "Simpleton" would write such filth about others.

    If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

    Ramona's boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Anonymous. You are very well named. I can only quote back to you your own words, 'if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all'.
      Now creep back under your slimy rock you slug and give Ramona her poison pen back.

      Delete
  8. There's always one, isn't there? And isn't Anonymous a good name for people who can't face up to things? I've had a few of those in my blogging years and I hate them. Well, John, you surpassed yourself with your acceptance speech. Could you write mine if ever I need to accept something... grins. Thanks for the laugh, you've quite made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for posting a comment on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When you get to #137, let me know and I'll join as a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Had I know that I was going to be attending an awards ceremony I would have dressed up.
    Ramona and her boyfriend sure do get around

    ReplyDelete