Friday 1 June 2012

God Save The Queen. I'm Too Tired To Be Of Much Use.

It is nearly three o'clock in the morning. I am tired. Why I'm not in bed asleep, I don't know. I ought to be because tomorrow I am off to do quick portraits in town. Actually its not tomorrow, its today.

I wonder if there will be anyone around for me to draw, because its the Queens Jubilee day. Diamond I think. Perhaps lots of people will stay home to watch the celebrations on the tele.

Oh well, hopefully the streets will be full of anti monarchists, and they'll all want their portraits drawn just to prove they don't give a damn.

I do give a damn. I'm quite fond of 'our Liz'. But I'm sorry Ma'am I need to earn some money. At least it'll have your picture on all the folding money I make. That's the best I can do by way of marking the occasion.

I don't feel too guilty about not joining in, because I tell you what. I bet she doesn't come to my party!
------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a video of me practicing the penny whistle. I think I'm improving

I must get some sleep. Good night, God bless.

12 comments:

  1. Will never listen to Danny Boy in the same light again. Loved it, John. You are definitely making great progress! Not bad for 1:00 in the morning. Maybe you will be ready for my visit in 2 years so we can continue the amazing performances we did together. We are both true professionals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo... Well done John! You are progressing very nicely, now go get some sleep, you have a long day ahead of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear improvement. You looked and sounded tired. That will make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, great performance! Good luck with your portraits. Hopefully lots of people out and about. If I was closer would have come and supported you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good, I like the little trill at the end. Hope you got some sleep in so that you're fresh for the painting. Happy jubilee weekend.

    BTW, Blogger continues to fool people, when I came on here I was greeted with one of your older posts but it quickly went off and this one came on. I've noticed it elsewhere too. Grrr to Blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. can you hear the round of applause? Well maybe your speakers aren't working properly but there really is applause for your performance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps you should be street performer on the side.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly did a lot better than I think I ever could.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope by now you have lots of Liz's in your pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, you're making me yawn :-O Past my bed time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear, if she steps outside she'' be all WET!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its on our tele right now, its late , I'm off to bed too.

    ReplyDelete